Reynold Ruslan Feldman, Ph.D. - Author, Editor, Nonprofit Consultant, Wisdom Coach
RSS

the good life
the new renaissance
Travel Blog
war and peace
wealth
wisdom
wisdom' wise living' the good life' talking to kids
powered by

My Blog

Not the Team or the League But the Sport

Whose team is best? Ours of course. Why? Because it’s ours. Okay, so whose team is worst? Theirs of course. Why? Because it’s not ours. Pretty childish, right? Just what you’d expect from kids in Little League. Yet big kids, called adults, are no different. And that’s not a good thing. Our better selves and more mature representatives tell us, “It’s not whether we win or lose, but how we play the game.” Then over against that, our smaller selves and less mature representatives counter with Vince Lombardy that “Winning isn’t everything. It’s the only thing.” Or did I get it backwards? Anyway, you get my point.

Ministers at even our liberal churches pray each week for our military. (This prayer has been ongoing my whole septuagenarian life, since our peace-loving nation always seems to have a contingent of young people in harm’s way somewhere.) “O Lord, please protect our military, keep them from harm, and bring them safely home.” I can say amen to that. But what about their military? They have families who no doubt miss them and fear for their safety too. But then, they’re the bad guys, and we’re the good guys. Their boys are on their team; ours are on ours.

Two-and-a-half millennia ago, Socrates famously declared himself a citizen of the world. He was later put to death by his fellow Athenians as a perverter of youth. Sufis say that when you have reached the level of insan al-kamil, the perfected or noble human being, you take the whole world as your nation and all humanity as your family. In our present Dark Age of violence, large and small, towards ourselves, others, Nature, and God, there is gratefully a growing number of everyday Socrateses, factors in the coming Renaissance. I prayer, dear readers, that you and I will be among them.

20 Comments to Not the Team or the League But the Sport:

Comments RSS
fake cartier watches sale on Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:08 PM
Which means they may be unveiling a growing number of high-end artist hand bags in which fresh parents enjoy, and also Storksak diaper hand bags are usually certainly no different.

omega copy on Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:41 PM
Thanks for your information for celine and omega copy news.

vistshop.com on Sunday, June 08, 2014 3:04 AM
My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rolex swiss watches on Monday, January 05, 2015 11:09 PM
I'm just writing to make you know what a cool discovery my princess gained using the blog. She came to find many issues, which include what it's like to possess an excellent helping style to get a number of people quite simply comprehend a variety of hard to do topics. You actually exceeded readers' expected results. Thanks for distributing these priceless, safe, educational and cool guidance on this topic to Mary.

swiss watches ranking on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 7:18 PM
Hello. magnificent job. I did not imagine this. This is a excellent story. Thanks!

Pool Table Defo on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 10:26 PM
For me I love pool so it is always about that sport http://psp.aquacomp.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10179 There is a thread I have found looking for buying advice in the US and I would like some help as well. Thank you

Zentiz on Thursday, January 07, 2016 10:32 PM
My coder is attempting to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have constantly detested the thought in view of the expenses. Be that as it may, he's tryiong none the less. I've been utilizing Movable-sort on a few sites for around a year and am apprehensive about changing to another stage. I have heard fabulous things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any assistance would be significantly refreshing! Thanks!!

longchamp bags on Monday, November 21, 2016 8:20 PM
They have families who no doubt miss them and fear for their safety too.

Daniel on Thursday, March 01, 2018 1:55 AM

fgfdgfd on Sunday, May 06, 2018 5:21 AM
I am so impressed. Could never think of such a thing is possible with it I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings with such subjects. I am so impressed. Could never think of such a thing is possible with it I think you have a great knowledge especially while dealings with such subjects.

assignment writing service australia on Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:54 AM
The post has the outlook that befits it. The content is also nice but it can be improved somewhat. Still a nice job though.

olymptrade on Saturday, May 19, 2018 1:46 PM
I have perused your article, it is exceptionally instructive and accommodating for me.I respect the important data you offer in your articles. A debt of gratitude is in order for posting it.

iq option on Monday, May 21, 2018 2:16 PM
Your new company is taking off. Indeed, you just got your first check.

consigned furniture reno nv on Monday, June 11, 2018 4:37 AM
Absolutely I also agree with your stance.For learning best sports ethics just follow some consigned furniture reno nv platform.I have read many good blogs there.

Ravi on Friday, July 13, 2018 2:43 AM
What a good post. You have done a very good work to share a very good post with us.Thanks and carry on sharing it. Purchase high quality london brick in UK

darcyblamey on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 10:27 PM
It was extremely an extraordinary post! This is a bit useful for me. Thanks for sharing this. I had bookmarked this for future reading.My recent post is http://pixelhub.me/davidroul

cdielectric on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:07 PM
It was extremely an extraordinary post! This is a bit useful for me. Thanks for sharing this. I had bookmarked this for future reading. My Recent Post https://www.viki.com/users/samcoode/about

WilliamHall on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 12:04 AM
This is really good information I have visited this blog to read something fresh and I really admire you efforts in doing more read:https://www.sbnation.com/users/SamCoode

hildan on Monday, January 21, 2019 9:01 PM
ling 4 agen steel sheet pile distributor astm a283 c distributor pipa boiler distributor plat abrex 400 distributor plat asme516 grade70 distributor plat astm a285 c distributor plat astm516 70 distributor plat boiler distributor plat hb 400 distributor plat high strenght distributor plat high tensile sm490 yb Distributor plat kapal besi baja Distributor plat kapal besi baja undangan pernikahan klub bola Agen besi beton undangan pernikahan kalender Toko Wiremesh Distributor Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Distributor besi unp baja Supplier besi beton perwira Harga plat kapal besi baja Harga plat kapal besi baja undangan pernikahan cetak undangan pernikahan coklat Toko Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Supplier Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Harga besi unp baja Supplier besi beton PAS Jual plat kapal besi baja Jual plat kapal besi baja Agen stainless steel www.pusatbesibaja.co.id undangan pernikahan arab Toko Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Agen Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Jual besi unp baja Supplier besi beton master steel ms Supplier plat kapal besi baja Supplier plat kapal besi baja Agen atap spandek www.pusatbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan kalender Toko Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Toko Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Supplier besi unp baja Supplier besi beton ksty Toko plat kapal besi baja Toko plat kapal besi baja Agen baja ringan undangan pernikahan custom Toko Besi Wf Jual Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Toko besi unp baja Supplier besi beton krakatau steel Agen plat kapal besi baja Agen plat kapal besi baja Agen bondek Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir undangan pernikahan klasik Toko Besi H beam Harga Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Agen besi unp baja Supplier besi beton jcac Pabrik plat kapal besi baja Pabrik plat kapal besi baja Agen Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Toko besi beton sii undangan pernikahan batik Toko Besi Beton Pabrik Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Pabrik besi unp baja Supplier besi beton interworld steel is Distributor besi siku baja Distributor besi siku baja Agen besi siku Agen besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan www.sentrabesibaja.com Distributor Pipa Besi baja Distributor besi h beam baja Supplier besi beton gunung garuda

CableInternet-Deals on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:33 AM
I was very pleased to find this web site.I wanted to thank you for your time reading this magnificent!