Reynold Ruslan Feldman, Ph.D. - Author, Editor, Nonprofit Consultant, Wisdom Coach
RSS

the good life
the new renaissance
Travel Blog
war and peace
wealth
wisdom
wisdom' wise living' the good life' talking to kids
powered by

My Blog

Toward a Sense of ONEder

Day Two of Passover. As a Jewish Christian I think of the Shema Prayer—“Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.” It’s also Wednesday of Holy Week, the beginning of the end of Lent. As a Jewish Christian I think of all the ones in this tradition: Credo in unum Deum, “I believe in One God”; “The Church’s one Foundation is Jesus Christ, Her Lord. . . .”; even the contrast between the Devil as “legion,” many, and God as one. And as a Sufi, I begin my walking meditation by moving in a circle, my eyes fixed on the horizon. Attuning my breath to a count of four, I soon substitute the internal phrase “Toward . . . the . . . One.” Sufism, the mysticism of Islam, features the practice of Zhikr (“re-membering,” literally putting the members together into a single body) by repeating the first sentence of the Muslim creed: La illaha il-allah! “There is no one but the One.” The Arabic for God is simply The-One. Jungian psychotherapy is based on psychological re-integration—helping individuals become single, harmonious selves. Rather than being at sixes and sevens, we strive for what the Book of Common Prayer calls “singleness of heart.” In his Elizabethan epic poem, The Faerie Queene, Edmund Spenser called his heroine Una, the unified woman, while her nemesis, the villain, was Duessa, the duplicitous woman. In Chinese, the character for heaven is the number one, a simple horizontal line, atop the pictogram for big. Atonement of course means coming back into integrity with self, others, and God—at+one+ment. Perhaps Tennyson said it best in “In Memoriam” as he reconciled himself to the death of his best friend: “One God, one law, one element,/And one far-off divine event,/To which the whole creation moves.”
Write your post here.

20 Comments to Toward a Sense of ONEder:

Comments RSS
Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:23 AM
That is a beautiful Blog for the Easter Week. It summarizes everything Jesus taught us. "My Father and I are ONE" and so it is. We are all one with the ONE. Thank you and Happy Easter to both of you!

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM

adres on Saturday, August 30, 2014 2:23 PM
In your kitchen, ending do the job really should be applied for a application to be able to appreciably reduce visual appeal on the room because in the long run results of develop the exact painting are often times a reflection of

strona www on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:31 AM
However, everyone must come across theor very best solution by simply investigating your own situation to encounter help quite possibly for improved interior planning.

throughchallenge on Thursday, September 07, 2017 2:35 PM
Forgive yourself distance number rang at our house this morning for the great methods and information as well. The place revolving around our morning of the day she passed confronted with it yet again.

promote your book on Thursday, September 07, 2017 2:37 PM
Nice one! I have gotten a lot of information through the post which is really interesting to know as always. I just love to know them. Can I share this post on my twitter page to see my followers? Please let me know. Thanks and keep up the great work.

anonymous on Sunday, August 12, 2018 10:46 PM
good
Reply to comment

best essays on Saturday, August 18, 2018 3:31 AM
It's very useful to a certain extent but still, I often get to read some interesting reviews on holy posts. This is a very progressive sign.

Diving in Cabo on Monday, September 24, 2018 6:51 AM
i love how both of those strong colours compliment each other and the sharp edges of the subject is what has given the painting life

pmp training dallas on Saturday, January 12, 2019 5:44 AM
This is a very alarming situation in Brazil. It is one of the highest rated countries in car theft and government should take notice of this. Its a well-researched post.

private dive charter in cabo san lucas on Monday, January 14, 2019 6:28 AM
I usually like the spots that are less known because I like to enjoy at the places that have fewer tourists and less crowded. I love to travel around.

hildan on Monday, January 21, 2019 9:12 PM
link 3 agen plat high tensile sm490 yb agen plat high tensile sm490ya agen plat kapal agen plat stainless ss304 agen plat stainless ss310 agen plat stainless ss316 agen plat sumihard agen round bar besi aisi 440s45c agen round bar scm440 agen steel rail undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Distributor plat besi hitam Distributor plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Agen besi beton interworld steel is undangan pernikahan modern Toko Plat Bordes Kembang Distributor Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Distributor besi cnp baja Harga plat besi hitam Harga plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan biru Agen besi beton gunung garuda undangan pernikahan biasa Toko Plat Besi Hitam Supplier Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Harga besi cnp baja www.pusatbesibaja.co.id Jual plat besi hitam Jual plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan biasa sewa villa bukit danau Agen besi beton delcoprima undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam Toko Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Agen Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Jual besi cnp baja www.pusatbesibaja.com Supplier plat besi hitam Supplier plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan bagus Agen besi beton cakra steel cs undangan pernikahan cantik elegan Toko Jual Besi Siku Baja Toko Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Supplier besi cnp baja Toko plat besi hitam Toko plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan bermanfaat Agen besi beton bjku undangan pernikahan akrilik Toko Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Jual Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Toko besi cnp baja Supplier besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen plat besi hitam Agen plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan akrilik Agen besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan bentuk dompet Toko Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Harga Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Agen besi cnp baja Supplier besi beton sii Pabrik plat besi hitam Pabrik plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan anti mainstream Agen besi beton ais undangan pernikahan coklat Toko Besi Hollow Pabrik Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Pabrik besi cnp baja Supplier besi beton psi Ulir Polos Toko besi cnp baja Toko besi cnp baja undangan pernikahan coklat undangan pernikahan biasa Agen Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Jual Stainless steel Toko besi beton krakatau steel Agen besi cnp baja Agen besi cnp baja undangan pernikahan cantik dan murah Agen besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir undangan pernikahan bunga Agen Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Harga Stainless steel Toko besi beton jcac Pabrik besi cnp baja Pabrik besi cnp baja undangan pernikahan casual Agen besi beton sii undangan pernikahan artis Agen Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Pabrik Stainless steel Toko besi beton interworld steel is Distributor besi h beam baja Distributor besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan contoh Agen besi beton psi Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan modern

CBD Tinctures on Monday, April 01, 2019 8:52 AM
CBD and hemp oil online shopping. CBD and hemp oil products for sale online. Shop for CBD and hemp oil now!