Reynold Ruslan Feldman, Ph.D. - Author, Editor, Nonprofit Consultant, Wisdom Coach
RSS

the good life
the new renaissance
Travel Blog
war and peace
wealth
wisdom
wisdom' wise living' the good life' talking to kids
powered by

My Blog

Not the Team or the League But the Sport

Whose team is best? Ours of course. Why? Because it’s ours. Okay, so whose team is worst? Theirs of course. Why? Because it’s not ours. Pretty childish, right? Just what you’d expect from kids in Little League. Yet big kids, called adults, are no different. And that’s not a good thing. Our better selves and more mature representatives tell us, “It’s not whether we win or lose, but how we play the game.” Then over against that, our smaller selves and less mature representatives counter with Vince Lombardy that “Winning isn’t everything. It’s the only thing.” Or did I get it backwards? Anyway, you get my point.

Ministers at even our liberal churches pray each week for our military. (This prayer has been ongoing my whole septuagenarian life, since our peace-loving nation always seems to have a contingent of young people in harm’s way somewhere.) “O Lord, please protect our military, keep them from harm, and bring them safely home.” I can say amen to that. But what about their military? They have families who no doubt miss them and fear for their safety too. But then, they’re the bad guys, and we’re the good guys. Their boys are on their team; ours are on ours.

Two-and-a-half millennia ago, Socrates famously declared himself a citizen of the world. He was later put to death by his fellow Athenians as a perverter of youth. Sufis say that when you have reached the level of insan al-kamil, the perfected or noble human being, you take the whole world as your nation and all humanity as your family. In our present Dark Age of violence, large and small, towards ourselves, others, Nature, and God, there is gratefully a growing number of everyday Socrateses, factors in the coming Renaissance. I prayer, dear readers, that you and I will be among them.

8 Comments to Not the Team or the League But the Sport:

Comments RSS
fake cartier watches sale on Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:08 PM
Which means they may be unveiling a growing number of high-end artist hand bags in which fresh parents enjoy, and also Storksak diaper hand bags are usually certainly no different.
Reply to comment

omega copy on Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:41 PM
Thanks for your information for celine and omega copy news.

vistshop.com on Sunday, June 08, 2014 3:04 AM
My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply to comment

rolex swiss watches on Monday, January 05, 2015 11:09 PM
I'm just writing to make you know what a cool discovery my princess gained using the blog. She came to find many issues, which include what it's like to possess an excellent helping style to get a number of people quite simply comprehend a variety of hard to do topics. You actually exceeded readers' expected results. Thanks for distributing these priceless, safe, educational and cool guidance on this topic to Mary.
Reply to comment

swiss watches ranking on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 7:18 PM
Hello. magnificent job. I did not imagine this. This is a excellent story. Thanks!
Reply to comment

Pool Table Defo on Tuesday, January 05, 2016 10:26 PM
For me I love pool so it is always about that sport http://psp.aquacomp.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10179 There is a thread I have found looking for buying advice in the US and I would like some help as well. Thank you
Reply to comment

Zentiz on Thursday, January 07, 2016 10:32 PM
My coder is attempting to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have constantly detested the thought in view of the expenses. Be that as it may, he's tryiong none the less. I've been utilizing Movable-sort on a few sites for around a year and am apprehensive about changing to another stage. I have heard fabulous things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any assistance would be significantly refreshing! Thanks!!
Reply to comment

longchamp bags on Monday, November 21, 2016 8:20 PM
They have families who no doubt miss them and fear for their safety too.
Reply to comment