Reynold Ruslan Feldman, Ph.D. - Author, Editor, Nonprofit Consultant, Wisdom Coach
RSS

the good life
the new renaissance
Travel Blog
war and peace
wealth
wisdom
wisdom' wise living' the good life' talking to kids
powered by

My Blog

Toward a Sense of ONEder

Day Two of Passover. As a Jewish Christian I think of the Shema Prayer—“Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.” It’s also Wednesday of Holy Week, the beginning of the end of Lent. As a Jewish Christian I think of all the ones in this tradition: Credo in unum Deum, “I believe in One God”; “The Church’s one Foundation is Jesus Christ, Her Lord. . . .”; even the contrast between the Devil as “legion,” many, and God as one. And as a Sufi, I begin my walking meditation by moving in a circle, my eyes fixed on the horizon. Attuning my breath to a count of four, I soon substitute the internal phrase “Toward . . . the . . . One.” Sufism, the mysticism of Islam, features the practice of Zhikr (“re-membering,” literally putting the members together into a single body) by repeating the first sentence of the Muslim creed: La illaha il-allah! “There is no one but the One.” The Arabic for God is simply The-One. Jungian psychotherapy is based on psychological re-integration—helping individuals become single, harmonious selves. Rather than being at sixes and sevens, we strive for what the Book of Common Prayer calls “singleness of heart.” In his Elizabethan epic poem, The Faerie Queene, Edmund Spenser called his heroine Una, the unified woman, while her nemesis, the villain, was Duessa, the duplicitous woman. In Chinese, the character for heaven is the number one, a simple horizontal line, atop the pictogram for big. Atonement of course means coming back into integrity with self, others, and God—at+one+ment. Perhaps Tennyson said it best in “In Memoriam” as he reconciled himself to the death of his best friend: “One God, one law, one element,/And one far-off divine event,/To which the whole creation moves.”
Write your post here.

11 Comments to Toward a Sense of ONEder:

Comments RSS
Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:23 AM
That is a beautiful Blog for the Easter Week. It summarizes everything Jesus taught us. "My Father and I are ONE" and so it is. We are all one with the ONE. Thank you and Happy Easter to both of you!
Reply to comment

Reply to comment

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM
Reply to comment

Elisabeth Smith on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:25 AM
Reply to comment

adres on Saturday, August 30, 2014 2:23 PM
In your kitchen, ending do the job really should be applied for a application to be able to appreciably reduce visual appeal on the room because in the long run results of develop the exact painting are often times a reflection of
Reply to comment

strona www on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 6:31 AM
However, everyone must come across theor very best solution by simply investigating your own situation to encounter help quite possibly for improved interior planning.
Reply to comment